We are thrilled that you are considering joining our practice; we hope that you find the material on this page helpful as you build your family!
If you are considering us, please follow the first few steps:
1. Call us to make sure we take your current insurance - 781-772-1527
2. Call your insurance company to make sure that we are in the insurance "network"
3. Call and scheule a "Meet and Greet" - if you so choose to
4. Have a baby!
Choosing a Doctor
All of our pediatricians are board certified by the American Academy of Pediatrics. We encourage you to schedule a prenatal meeting to get to know our practice. Our profiles are located under the "About Us -> Who We Are -> OurMD/ Our NPs tab". The prenatal visits are encouraged to occur during the lunch hour or at the end of the day Monday-Friday.
When Your Baby Is Born
Tell the hospital staff when registering which doctor your have chosen and if you are at Newton Wellesley Hospital, our doctors round each morning and will be notified no later than 8 AM if a birth has occurred during the night hours. Our physicians will monitor your baby's weight, levels of jaundice, discuss feeding, and examine your baby each day you are admitted. If you desire a circumcision for your baby boy, please notify the hospital staff as typically the OB physician will complete this before discharge. If delivering at another hospital, please discuss with the pediatric hospitalist when would be the day to come to the first appointment with us (normally between 1-3 days after discharge). Please call and set up that appointment in that case.
At Your First Appointment
Be sure to bring the following information from the hospital:
- Any paperwork from the hospital including hearing screen, and immunizations
- Any available insurance information (normally only the parents' information is available at this time)
- Plenty of diapers and extra cloths!
While in the hospital, utilize the lactation support frequently or daily!
Books We Find Helpful:
- My Child is Sick!, Expert Advice for Managing Common Illness and Injuries by Barton D. Schmitt, MD, FAAP
- Caring for Your Baby and Young Child, Birth to Age 5, 6th Edition by Steven P. Shelov, MD, MS, FAAP
- Baby Care Anywhere: a Quick Guide to Parenting On the Go, by Ben Spitalnick, MD, MBA, FAAP and Keith Seibert, MD, MBA, FAAP
- Your Baby's First Year, 4th Edition, by AAP, Steven P. Shelov, MD, MS, FAAP
- Touchpoints - Birth to Three by T. Berry Brazelton MD, FAAP
- Heading Home With Your Newborn: From Birth to Reality, 3rd Edition, by Laura A. Jana, MD, FAAP and Jennifer Shu, MD, FAAP