Use this number for normal office hours and for emergencies. After-hour urgent calls are handled through
a nurse triage system (backed up by a doctor) that is available through our answering service.
Use fax correspondence for administrative matters and not for acute care. Our goal is to answer fax messages
as soon as possible but at least in 48 hours. When using fax correspondence, please keep the following
guidelines in mind:
- Telephone our office for emergencies and questions that need to be answered promptly (in less than 48 hours).
- If you do not get a response (your doctor may be away or the fax system may be down), telephone our office.
- Be concise.
- Put the child's name and birth date and your name on the cover page.
- Keep copies of fax messages you receive from us.
- Be aware that we may save fax messages we send and receive in your medical records, either electronically or using a paper copy.
- Be aware that we may share your fax messages with the office staff or consultants (if necessary) to meet your needs.
- If your correspondence is over 5 pages, please send by snail mail.
Our goal is to answer email as soon as possible but at least in 48 hours. Please review
our email policy before using these addresses. Most importantly, messages sent to these
addresses are not secure so you should use them only for information that is not sensitive.
You should use our private secure website forms for any sensitive or confidential information medically related.